Friday, September 10, 2010

Bathroom Dresser!..For Fridays Pretties!

This is a picture of our pretty girls when they where younger...by about 15 years!......
I love anything square & this frame with the hearts around it is a favorite...
And of course the Pretties pictured inside!

I guess this qualifies as Fridays Pretties!
Joyce of
is so nice to organize this event!

This is the top of a dresser in my bathroom
(technically I could use this post on my Table Top Tuesdays!)

The glass dome usually has rings in it ...it was my Grandmothers!
The frosted powder holder next to it is from my friend Carol!...And yes that is mouthwash in the
Wexford Glass Decanter!
The cherub is on a frame that holds a mirror..broken for now!






This beautiful brooch is from my husband...we didn't have an engagement ring
(we have wide bands)...so he bought me this!
It is an antique and very beautiful...I actually lost the original (the clasp broke off my sweater)
and he replaced it for me...good guy!

These vintage vanity bottles
hold makeup applicators...
very usefull & so pretty!




Now off I go to see more Fridays Pretties!

17 comments:

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Looks like such a pretty little spot and I love the broach idea!

RURAL said...

My biggest lament as a blogger was that there wasn't a connection with anyone local. That has changed in the last little while. And I am so thrilled to find more and more bloggers nearby.

Thanks for your lovely comment, I am so feeling the love from everyone. Missed the Ivory Vintage market, they booked me in for a full day of work, drat!

But I do notice that you were in Style at Home, and I am off to find my issue to see where you popped up in it.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

myletterstoemily said...

you have arranged your bathroom in such a
lovely manner! how coincidental, since i was
just in my bathroom, thinking, "how can i make
this prettier?"

i think grouping is the key. i am completely
'ungrouped!'

thank you for your very sweet encouragement
about my little missionary. i am so proud of
her, but am also very weepy.

i look forward to following this sweet place.

blessings,
lea

Gloria said...

Very pretty selection for Friday Pretties!
Thanks for visiting my blog. I enjoyed reading your sweet comment!
Have a blessed weekend!
@}`~}~~~~~ Gloria

Glenys said...

It is pretty.

birdie blue said...

love your friday 'pretty'. what a sweet pic of your daughters. so sweet of your husband to give you that pretty brooch, too. would love to see more of your house, i'm sure it's beautiful.

xo
~molly

Vivre Le Jour said...

Very pretty pictures!Such an elegant arrangement. Thanks for visiting my blog. I will be exploring your blog and looking for some great vintage linens! Have a great weekend.


Cheers,
Kara

jeanette from everton terrace said...

Pretty indeed. That brooch - swoon! Keeping the ring under the glass dome is such a neat idea and a lovely thought. Well done.

Cornflakes and Honey said...

Oh what a beautiful broach indeed! Gorgeous husband of yours :-)

Love all your pretty things, it's so lovely to see what others have to share. Have a wonderful weekend! xx

Simple Home said...

You have some very nice Friday Pretties! I love the sweet photo of your girls. I have a similar little glass dome set. Mine came from Princess House Crystal years ago, and was made to look like a miniature cake plate set.
Blessings,
Marcia

koralee said...

Everything is so pretty my friend...I love your treasures..you just have that special touch!

Hope all is well with your Australian daughter.

I am off for a week but will see you when I get back...have a great one. oxoxox

Brenda Pruitt said...

Pretties are so important in a person's life. I think particularly a woman's. We should indulge ourselves with special things that are "simply pretty" as a gift to ourselves.
Brenda

Bring Pretty Back said...

What a PRETTY post!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Pamela said...

Very pretty things!!

Thank you for the comments and you are so right i should go knock on the door of this home! Don't think that the thought has not crossed my mind! :)

Rosie said...

This brings "swigging" mouthwash to a whole new level...very pretty "Friday Pretty"
.........Smile on Rosie.......

Janean said...

pretty indeed! nearly anything can be made appealing by the container and packaging...beside just displaying lovely items!

Faded Plains said...

Your "pretties" are just beautiful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails